As the temperature drops and snow fall becomes a reality, one of the best ways to start your morning, whether you are in the city or on the beach, is with a hot beverage and maybe a bite to eat. If you are in the market for a relaxed, warm and cozy local coffee hotspot here are some great options.
Cape Cod Coffee Shops
- Located on Main Street in historic Brewster, The Snowy Owl used 200 year old reclaimed barn wood to create a unique environment where they welcome you and friends to gather to relax over an artisan cup of joe. To ensure the highest quality in their products and your experience, they pay careful attention to the quality of the sourced green beans and the freshness and roasting profile of their beans.
- 2624 Main Street Brewster, MA
- 483 Main Street, Chatham, MA
- 161 Route 6A, Sandwich, MA
- Contact: 415.640.1912/http://www.socoffee.co/
If you are looking to warm up with a coffee, espresso, or cocoa drink and a homemade baked good, then the Pie In The Sky is the place you need to be. Their coffees are made from freshly ground, 100% Organic & Fair Trade Dean’s Beans that they roast themselves. With free internet access and a wide selection of local art in the cozy dining room, you could mistakenly spend your whole day there. If this ends up happening and you’re suddenly looking for lunch or dinner then you are in luck. The Pie and the Sky also offers hearty made to order sandwiches, homemade soups, quiche, and salads.
- Location: 10 Water Street Woods Hole, MA
- Contact: 508.540.5475, https://www.piecoffee.com/
Visit them at their new roasting facility in Mashpee 7 days a week. Offering a variety of fresh-baked pastries & coffee, along with a kitchen, pizza oven & full bar with 16 local beers on tap! Plus, order our special coffee for a cause, Sunrise Blend that benefits the Sunshine Kids Foundation, an organization that supports positive experiences for children who have Cancer.
- 10 Evergreen Circle, Mashpee, MA
- 53 Market Street, Mashpee, MA (Mashpee Commons)
- Contact: 508.477.2400, https://capecodcoffee.com/
Greater Boston Coffee Shops
In January 1993, the 1369 Coffee House opened at 1369 Cambridge Street in Inman Square with the vision to be more than just a place to get a cup of coffee. By creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, 1369 Coffee House quickly became an integral part of the community where many friendships have been developed. Every day they brew their house Colombian, French Roast, fresh house-made chai, and their rotating varietal. Not only do they take pride in serving their coffee and chai, but they also offer hand crafted hot chocolate recipes that will make you fall in love. Unlike most coffee shops, 1369 Coffee Shop offers a growler delivery of their cold brew coffee every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Super fresh, cold brewed ice coffee delivered the same day it is brewed by bicycle. Does it get any better?
- 1369 Cambridge Street, MA
- 757 Massachusetts Avenue, MA
- Contact: 617.576.1369 & 617.576.4600 / http://www.1369coffeehouse.com/
Philosophy: Use only the finest coffee beans from around the globe, offer outstanding service from knowledgeable baristas willing to educate their guests about coffee, give back to the local community through involvement in various charity organizations, provide a cozy and enjoyable ambience for all to enjoy, and create an excitement for high-end specialty coffee in the Greater Boston area. This philosophy is one of the reasons why Thinking Cup stands out from the crowd. Another reason to give them a try is that they are the first coffee shop in Downtown Boston to serve “Stumptown Coffee.” This special coffee is from Portland Oregon and has been called the “Best Coffee in the World” by NPR, The New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, and USA Today. The Thinking Cup ensures the quality of their Stumptown Coffee by receiving the beans directly from the Stumptown’s roasting facility in Brooklyn, New York. They opened their first shop near the Boston Common in 2010 and today they have two more shops.
- 165 Tremont Street, Boston, MA
- 236 Hanover Street, Boston, MA
- 85 Newbury Street, Boston, MA
- Contact: 617.482.5555 & 617.233.5277 & 617.247.3333 / http://www.thinkingcup.com/
What first started as a single location in 2010 is now a collection of six unique coffeehouses all around Boston. By working with Counter Culture Coffee, Pavement Coffee is able to share with their customers the best single origin coffees from around the world, changing their focus monthly to always keep the customers satisfied. Their baristas undergo a rigorous training program to ensure that the best possible coffee and espresso beverages reach customers. They also offer seasonal house specials so you have the perfect drink no matter what time of the year it is. But to them the real question is what is coffee without a bagel? Every day the bagels are baked in a stone hearth oven to create the perfect crust and doughy center.
- 1243 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston MA – 617.789.4000
- 1334 Boylston Street, Boston, MA – 857.263.7355
- 44 Gainsborought Street, Boston, MA – 617.859.7080
- 1096 Boylston Street, Boston, MA – 617.859.9515
- 736 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA – 617.277.8737
- Contact: http://www.pavementcoffeehouse.com
South Shore Massachusetts
Great coffee, great breakfast, great lunch and great people.
We are a fast-casual takeout cafe offering an assortment of breakfast, lunch, baked goods, and specialty espresso beverages. Relax and enjoy a cozy drink with in this laid back and friendly environment, right in Plymouth, MA.
- Location: 88 Camelot Drive, Plymouth, MA
- Contact: 508.747.2326,
Lucky Finn is a coastal waterfront cafe in a modest harbor in the heart of the northeast in New England. The harbor and ocean has always been a source of adventure for their brand and they view our daily coffee experience the same way. There are coffee farms on distant shores that never get a chance to get discovered. Lands where natural processes, elevations, local flora & fauna, and unique soil qualities produce some of the best, richest, flavorful arabica beans you can find! Experience Lucky Finn Café in Scituate.
- 206 Front Street, Scituate, MA – 781-378-2932
- 52 New Driftway, Scituate, MA – 781-546-2758
- 2053 Washington Street, At, Hanover, MA -781-347-3100
South Coast Massachusetts
In the heart of the National Historic Whaling Park is Tia Marie’s European Cafe. Since 2013, they have been serving New Bedford and other coastal Massachusetts towns the Wareham-roasted Jim’s Organic Coffee. With over 25 years in the coffee industry, Jim has been able to create unique blends that are truly amazing and one of kind, which is why they were recently awarded the Stellar Organic Award for “Best Organic Coffee” by Organic Foods Retailer magazine. Besides just offering some of the best coffee in town, Tia Maria’s uses local and organic ingredients for their daily breakfast as well as Friday and Saturday night dinners.
- Location: 42 North Water Street New Bedford, MA
- Contact: 508.993.8900 / http://www.tiamariaseuropeancafe.com/home.html/
If you are looking for a place to catch up with friends, read the newspaper, or check your emails in a casual comfortable atmosphere, then Uncle Jon’s is the spot for you. They pride themselves on having “A Cup Above the Rest”, which their customers seem to agree with whether it is their custom house blend, estate dark roast, Swiss water process decaf, cafe do jour, espresso, or cappuccino. Their hot beverages are custom blended and freshly roasted each week in small batches, then ground just before brewing to ensure the freshest and most flavorful cup. If a cup of joe is not what you are looking for they also offer 9 types of smoothies, a full breakfast menu, lunch, and an early dinner menu. It doesn’t get much better than a cup of Jon’s custom house blend and a slice of their spinach, tomato, and feta cheese quiche!
- Location: 350 Front Street Marion, MA & 88 North Street Mattapoisett, MA
- Contact: 508.748.0063 & 508.758.4540 / http://unclejonscoffees.com/
We all know that breakfast and coffee are a great pair, but throw in a cozy atmosphere where you can sit back and look at our exclusive properties, well, that’s just perfection. With properties all over Cape Cod, Boston, Cambridge, and Coastal Massachusetts, you can spend days just searching and if any of these properties strike your interest, contact one of our agents to talk details over some coffee!